+ Reply to Thread

Thread: no offence backround check

Hybrid View

Default no offence backround check

As a favor to my father in order to go on a local fish-in, can anyone give me positive id's, character values, backgrounds, etc on 8Thumbs and/or threedayweekend? i fully believe that they are fine gentlemen, but i have never met them, and will not be able to attend the fish-in unless i can get some info.

much appreciated

Jordan

Blog Entries

I have not met them in person, but if they are offering to take you to a fish-in, how about having Dad meet them and have a chance to talk to them? I am sure they would be willing and it would probably set Dad's mind at ease.

I am sure others here know them much better than I do, though.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

First, good for your dad. Second, send both of them a p.m. explaining what you need. They may very well be abler to give you a phone number for a pastor, co-worker or maybe even a local police agency that has checked their background for a concealed carry permit or something. It wouldn't be a bad idea for one of them to speak to your father anyway. A concencus in advance about what is reasonable for young people to do can save hard feelings later.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Normand Guest

why not make it a father-son type of outing. i bet he;d have fun going with you

i sent threedayweekend a pm, but 8T's folder is full. i appreciate the suggestions, but i need more info before i can even call them. im trying to get personal emails so dad and them can correspond also.

jordan

and normand, i would but he is usually busy, and this trip was proposed by a younger friend of mine who is setting it up. im sure he wouldnt mind having dad along though, so thanks for the suggestion

jordan

Hey, Jordan. Maybe a mom would like to go! Maybe your friend's father?
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Diane

neither of our mothers fish, and his father would have a casting technique similar to swinging a butterfly net. they dont have a problem with us going, as long as they know backgrounds.

jordan

+ Reply to Thread