Kind of a resident.......Ketchikan, Craig, Klawock, Port St. Nick, Hollis, Clark Bay, Staney Creek, Harris River and many other points on the Island. But my residency is for only a week at the time for the last 7 years......sigh......the rest of the time I spend counting down the months, weeks and days until I land back on Gravinna Island and floatplane it over to Prince of Wales for the best fishing ever each September. I work at the hatchery while there with John B and crew and stay at the Haydus' Lodge with my Bro-in-law and his biz partners and practically live in my Orvis waders during that week. Only 7 months to go!

PS- Ketchikan is a blast to hang out in. We always hit Tongass for our licenses and Annabelles or other local eatery for a bite. I run over to Creek Street and hang out at the Coho Soho gallery and pick up some Ray Troll tees (i musthave a dozen or more and he signs them for me when he's in the store) and generally play tourist while there unless there are cruise ships docked then we avoid town like the plague-been there done that. Met a whole bunch of friendly locals up there and have only recently convinced my wife to have us buy a lot and cabin on the island. So I'm real estate shopping. Seems the cabin Iiked best was 4 bedroom, two story, 1.5 acres on the water down Port St Nick road a few miles- only 350K! a bargain

Maybe I'll be a permanent resident in about 5 years.

------------------
I fish, therefore I swam.

[This message has been edited by featherchucker (edited 06 March 2006).]