+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Father's day; what did ya get?

Default Father's day; what did ya get?

Everyone left the house early and I was there all by myself. I didn't figure it out for a bit but it was planned to let dad have the house all to himself for the day. Great gift. I left the door open so the dogs could go in and out as they pleased. Let Kuma drink from my glass without getting looks of repulsion. I could stand in front of the refrigerator with the door open staring at the contents for 10 to 15 minutes and nobody yelled at me. I switched channels between racing, baseball, soccer, whenever I wanted without anyone getting upset. Awesome day. Oh, and I got some nice cards and a couple of cool phone calls from the grandkids also.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

My wife had me a peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream which I did not need but really enjoyed, then she and our daughter and wife went off to the movies and sent me to the river, where I probably caught more, although completely small, trout than I ever have in a day [black ant under an Adams & a gold ribbed beadhead peacock soft hackle], there were the cards of course, my daughter decided it was time for her old dad to have a massage and gave me a gift certificate for one; my son sent me a book after he discovered he had already given me the first gift he brought with him last week.

I have become my Dad in that my children have no idea in what to get me for a gift, I have been bless with enough wealth, which isn't a lot, to have most of the things I want and everything I really need.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

My kids (wife) got me a smith & wesson watch. An I got a picture frame shaped like a fish with a fly in its mouth. the picture is of me and my 2 girls when we got to bring the baby home from the hospital almost 2 months ago. Then I got to go fishing all day with my two year old and teach her how to fish. The weather was great, the food was edible and the fishing was terrible, but I got to spend it with my girls, my dad, by brother, and my step-grandfather who probably wont be around next fathers day. I made the most of it knowing that I will never be able to go back changed what I did and who I spent it with.
    David

I got a card from my 15 year old grandson that is very personal between him and me. He made it on his computer. The boy and I share a similar sense of humor. It was a quote by Albert Einstein on the front with a joke he wrote inside only he and I would think was funny.
    I started this "I'm a genius" BS with him because he really is one. His IQ is in that range. Yet he is a very likable young man with an absolutely great personality. He's self motivated to do the best he can at anything he undertakes. He hates taking second place in anything, he has a wall full of trophies to prove it. He's the kid I never had. I love him deeply.

I received the normal cards and phone calls which were enjoyed & appreciated by me.
    Had an invitation to go up into the Mtns for a day with Liz & Fuzzy. Liz did ribs on her Bar B Q
    And were delicious, plus all the trimmings with Pie for desert. Was a very pleasant day for all of us.
    Oh Ya, The two of them surprised me with a badly needed New Recliner that is large enough for both Pistol,
    (Jack Russell pup) and I. It is not only beautiful but very comfortable. Something I would not have purchased for myself.
    Life is good.
    Denny

The family gave me this http://www.brodin.com/Coho.html Need to put some big fish in it.

I got a blower,a dry vac,and a boat with twin outboards,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,top that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol

Besides a great steak dinner I got to wish my youngest boy a happy fathersday. His first ever since he adopted the boy. Oh yea adoption is in the final stages and will be through in time for my birthday. I do believe that tops a blower, dry vac, and a boat with twin outboards >>>>>>>LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Z View Post
    I got a blower,a dry vac,and a boat with twin outboards,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,top that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol
    OK...I got to spend the day with my Bride, my 3 adult Children & all 7 Grandchildren....I got a few other gifts, but the love from them beats ANY material gift!
    So THERE!
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

i got a call from my daughter in hays ks, my son in boise idaho, a late call from my son in wichita, and a real surprise call. i got married last year and my step son from new mexico called. i cooked a killer pork fajita salad with my very special chipolte, pineapple (fresh), mango salsa and fajita seasoning on the fly.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

+ Reply to Thread