Hi Guys, just back from Rotorua's Ohau Chanel Lodge. Fished with my new Sage Switch rod and had a blast. We started swinging Green Orbit and Yellow Lady Dorothys down and across on Friday. I found the new gear dificult to get used to, but gradualy got the hang of it. Q got a Small rainbow and I got a very small Rainbow before we decided it was beer o'clock!
Saturday bright and early we had another go with the same results. It was the first time ever however that my lovely wife Paula has deliverd me a Flat White and a Biscuit on the river side, very civilised!
We both switched to Nymph rigs for the afternoon and Q managed 3 good fish and lost a good one, while I managed to stick with the small ones. As it got dark I went back to the sinking line and a glow in the dark smelt fly and first cast I hooked a big fresh run Rainbow, battled it to the bank and then as I was about to land it the 8lb leader snapped with a crack so loud I thought the rod had broken.
I re rigged and after about 3 more casts hooked and landed a Rainbow of 26 inches and just under 6lb, not bad but much smaller than the one I lost!
Here are some pics.
Ohau Chanel.

A fellow fisherman

and finaly my rainbow.

All the best.
Mike.