Thread: Pontoon boat w/ multiple accessories and add-ons

Threaded View

Default Pontoon boat w/ multiple accessories and add-ons

I'll apologize in advance for a long post, but there's a ton of stuff here. Selling one very lightly used pontoon boat with a long list of accessories that will give you just about everything needed for a convenient and safe trip to and on the water. This is an Outcast model that was sold only through Bass Pro Shops under the White River Blue Heron name. It was an exceptional value at the time it was sold and is even more the case now that the model has been discontinued and some of these features are only offered on more expensive boats in their current lineup. In order to keep the post from being even lengthier, I'll limit the number of photos imbedded in the post itself and utilize links in most cases. As such, all of those linked pictures, while the correct products, are from web sites and not actual pictures from the boat. Don't hesitate to let me know of any actual pictures you'd like me to send. This boat has been on the water maybe four or five times at most, all being short trips on a nearby lake, but it's rated for up to Class II rivers.

Standard features:
    -6 piece aluminum frame. This is the main feature that seems to have gotten much harder to come across without getting into the much more expensive pontoon boats. I sought out an aluminum frame vs. the more common powder coated steel frame because of aluminum's lighter weight and lesser susceptibility to rust. I'd still insist on it for the same reasons.
    -9 foot pontoons with Summit 2 valves
    -Motor mount
    -Padded, folding, molded plastic seat
    -Two piece, 7 foot aluminum oars
    -Brass oar locks
    -Diamondplate aluminum cargo deck
    -Removable mesh stripping apron/work surface with measurement marks
    -Rod holder w/ velcro strap to prevent rod from slipping out
    -Two soft bags for storage, one insulated, with side pouch and two soft-sided can/bottle holders
    -Adjustable seat position and adjustable foot pegs

Accessories:
    -Scadden/North Fork Outdoors wheel mount This attaches to the frame and allows attachment of a wheel to ease transport to/from stream. It's basically new. As I recall, the official Scadden wheel that could be purchased for use with this mount was over $100, which I opted not to buy when I read in numerous places that the fork and wheel assembly from any kid's bike that you could buy for $5 at a yard sale would work exactly the same way. I attached the wheel mount, but never got around to looking for a used bike. Scadden doesn't sell this separately any more, as I guess wheel mounts are now integrated into their frames. Happy to send a photo if you'd like. Retail for the mount only was $45.
    -12 pound pyramid anchor and 25' of rope Retail for this particular configuration is approx. $60
    -Oar rights (2) These keep the oar blades oriented a specific way in the oar locks and are worth their weight in gold in my opinion. If for any reason you'd prefer the regular circular/doughnut shaped oar stops, I still have those too and will pass them along. Retail for oar locks: $36/pr.
    -Oar blade rests Attach to the frame and facilitate stowing oars against the frame and out of the water. These were ordered from Outcast and retail for $17/pr.
    -AC/DC rechargeable air pump Made by O'Brien. Rechargeable via wall charger or included car adapter. Includes 3 nozzles. I do most of the inflation on the pontoons with this while I'm putting the frame together or doing other things. I use the hand pump below to top them off. Retail $40
    -Dual action hand pump Ozark Trail. Pumps on both the upstroke as well as downstroke. Makes quick work of pumping up the pontoons or topping them off after starting with the rechargeable pump. I never needed it, but it's plenty small enough to bungee to the cargo deck in case of on-stream repair and reinflation. Comes with 3 nozzles. Retails for $15 or more depending on brand.
    -Turbo Thruster fins, size large Used once. Retail for $47
    -Kicker keepers Cord to attach to fins and around ankle, preventing loss of fin in case strap comes loose or detached. Ordered from Outcast, retail for $9/pr. (Note that picture shows keepers attached to a pair of fins that are different from the ones I'm selling)
    -Summit 2 valve adapter For ease of inflation with various pump types. Ordered from Outcast, retail $5
    -Vinyl tubing adapters (2) - Clear vinyl tubing to join above adapter to standard cylindrical nozzles on many pumps. Ordered from Outcast, retail $1 each (shown in picture linked above)

I ordered a number of things for "insurance"/safety's sake, whether onstream or off. None have ever been needed or used:
    -Patch/repair kit. Ordered from Outcast, though this exact kit doesn't seem to be available anymore. Made by Tear-Aid, includes multiple stretchable, self-adhesive watertight patches, alcohol prep pads and instructions. Estimated retail $10
    -Spare Summit 2 valve - Ordered from Outcast, retail $8.50
    -Summit valve wrench, plastic - Ordered from Outcast, retail $8.50
    -Spare springer clips (2) - Ordered from Outcast, retail $3.50 each

I don't want to get too cute on estimated retail for the boat itself since I'm having to compare it to current models that aren't an exact match. However, you can check the Outcast site yourself and see that the comparable boat with the less-expensive steel frame (Fish Cat 9) retails for $699. The least expensive 9 footer with an aluminum frame (Discovery 9) retails for $899. If it were still available, I think it's fair to estimate this would fall right in between those two. Either way, I'm offering this excellent pontoon boat and over $300 worth of accessories for about half of that combined figure, $575

Can't imagine there's any way to ship this cost effectively, though I'm certainly up for discussion/ideas on that. Assuming that's correct, I'd say we'll have to figure on pick up in Louisville or work out something where we meet in between if it's not too far. Thanks in any case for your consideration, and please PM with any requests or questions. I'm posting this in a couple of places, so if more than one person responds with intent to purchase, I'll resolve according to the time the responses were sent.
    Last edited by John_N; 06-18-2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: formatting