For what I am to say, I do not ask for any forgiveness.

The "pack mentality" I have seen on this forum and others is more "if it isn't something I would use, it's junk". The other "pack mentality" is negativity. "It is junk, it doesn't work, don't bother,etc..."
These comments are the types that provoke 35 more posts that get the thread so far off topic that you can't even find out whether the original question has been answered or if there is any information to help the person asking the question. And those who stick their noses up so high that they think that their item is the best in the world, feel free to do that, just don't make everyone else feel like they are inferior because don't have the same or they are trying to do something without spending tens of thousands of dollars to do something similar.

As to the original poster, I ran into a fellow who had the Hook and Hackle 4 WT made into a nice rod. It appeared to me to cast it rather smoothly and well on the river we were fishing. I did notice some extra wraps on his rod, probably ornamental, but he swore that the blank was one of his favorite rods to cast. I can not comment on the quality as I did not get to fully look at the rod or cast it personally.

If you do buy the blank, keep us posted as to how well it works for you.