Thread: Rain or Shine

Threaded View

Default Rain or Shine

Although I missed out on the fish-in I was able to get out yesterday, after finagling my way out of work at the last minute. One of my fishing buddies called late Friday night to see if I could get out in the morning to go to a private lease he has access to. We hit the dry dirt road on the lease around 6:45 am and got launched on the 'starter pond'. I wanted to catch some LMB on a yellow gurgler, but they would not cooperate for me. Instead, the gurgler (tied on a GAMA 2/0 SC15) brought smashing surface action from some over acheiving Hybrid Sunfish. We got rained out after two hours of fishing and when we made it to the front of the property the rain had subsided, so we decided to go to a nearby state fishing lake, as the sky looked a bit clearer in that direction. When we got there, we found the lake vegetation had grown up extremely thick, but were able to catch a handful of cookie cutter LMB and four nice chunky bucketmouths.
    I still wish I had driven down for the fish-in; It looks like you guys had a great time.

IMG_3732.jpgIMG_3734.jpgIMG_3735.jpgIMG_3744.jpgIMG_3748.jpg
    Last edited by ROR-EYE; 06-13-2010 at 06:23 PM.
    "A fly must first please the user before the fish."
    Trey Combs: Steelhead Fly Fishing and Flies