+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cortland Line Co.

Hybrid View

Default Cortland Line Co.

I would just like to publicly extend my great thanks to Cortland Line Co.

A little over a month ago I filled up the back of my Trooper with groceries from Wal-Mart. What I didn't know at the time is that I unloaded my Cortland Precision XC reel when I opend the door. It was in a neoprene case and rolled under the back drivers side tire of my car. I never heard it hit the concrete...nothing, until I pulled away and felt the bump that it made. When I looked to see what I'd just run over, my heart sank like a lead balloon. I hoped and prayed as I got out of my car that it wasn't damaged, but to my dismay, it was. I'd bent the frame, the spool, and broken the handle off. To say I was heartbroken is an understatement.

I called Cortland the next day and talked to one of the equipment techs. He told me to send it in with a cashiers check to cover handling and shipping. He said that if it was fixable they would, if not, then they would send me a NEW reel!

I got my BRAND NEW reel yesterday! I couldn't believe it. I cannot thank them enough for what they did for me. I don't know how many other companies would completely replace your reel after you run it over. It certainly wasn't due to a manufacturers defect, it was my own fault really. You just gotta love a company who stands behind their customers with service like that.

Thank you so very much Cortland Line Co.

Most Sincerely,

Hugo Gibson.
    (TT)
    Last edited by Thunderthumbs; 06-11-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Cold Guest

This is too great, thanks for posting!

Too often, we only get to hear about customer service when a company fails to deliver an expected level of service. It's nice to read about a company making an extra effort and doing something that they didn't really have to do. So far, the only fly fishing company I've had customer service dealings with has been Orvis, and they've been excellent. I own a pair of Cortland lines, though, and it's great to hear that a company I've supported with my purchases is truly interested in the satisfaction of its customers.

I cannot say enough about Orvis customer service, it is excellent. My very first fly line was a Cortland, it's around 40 years old and still usable (7 wt. level). TFO also has great customer service. There is only one manufacturer of fishing equipment I have never had honor fully a warranty, I will not bad mouth them here, they are a sponsor and I have seen others write about getting great customer service from them, but me nor any of my friends have bought any other their rods for around 20 years or so. I am sure they haven't noticed. It's been a long time and apparently they may be better.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

A year or two ago I sent an e-mail to service down there to see how I could find a bushing for an LTD120. The person sent back a note explaining how to send in the 15 year old reel for servicing. For a few buck, they cleaned adn refit the reel. I have a practically new reel for less than 30$

The turn around was fast too!!! Sur eis nice to do business and support companies who stand behind their stuff!!
    Christopher Chin

Orvis has been pretty good to me too. I've send 2 rods in to them and they have replaced them without question. This is the second time I've had wonderful customer from Cortland too. I broke a rod a few years back, casting of all things. The ferrule came loose and on my forward cast there was a rather painful sounding 'SNAP.'
    the broken section was replaced.
    TT.

Katy, Texas (Houston is our biggest suburb!)
    Blog Entries

GE could take a lesson on Customer Service from both Orvis and Cortland. Nowadays, they CHARGE you to talk to a technician when you have a problem with one of their appliances. Just learned about this yesterday!

aged sage

+ Reply to Thread