Thread: Cortland Line Co.

Threaded View

Default Cortland Line Co.

I would just like to publicly extend my great thanks to Cortland Line Co.

A little over a month ago I filled up the back of my Trooper with groceries from Wal-Mart. What I didn't know at the time is that I unloaded my Cortland Precision XC reel when I opend the door. It was in a neoprene case and rolled under the back drivers side tire of my car. I never heard it hit the concrete...nothing, until I pulled away and felt the bump that it made. When I looked to see what I'd just run over, my heart sank like a lead balloon. I hoped and prayed as I got out of my car that it wasn't damaged, but to my dismay, it was. I'd bent the frame, the spool, and broken the handle off. To say I was heartbroken is an understatement.

I called Cortland the next day and talked to one of the equipment techs. He told me to send it in with a cashiers check to cover handling and shipping. He said that if it was fixable they would, if not, then they would send me a NEW reel!

I got my BRAND NEW reel yesterday! I couldn't believe it. I cannot thank them enough for what they did for me. I don't know how many other companies would completely replace your reel after you run it over. It certainly wasn't due to a manufacturers defect, it was my own fault really. You just gotta love a company who stands behind their customers with service like that.

Thank you so very much Cortland Line Co.

Most Sincerely,

Hugo Gibson.
    (TT)
    Last edited by Thunderthumbs; 06-11-2010 at 05:42 PM.