+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanks Ohiotuber!

Hybrid View

Default Thanks Ohiotuber!

A couple of weeks ago I posted on here about my being new to fly fishing and needing some guidance. Ohiotuber was among several on here to try and help me. He went above and beyond though. I received a package from him yesterday containg a couple of fly boxes, flies, fly wallets, strike indicators and a book that will be very helpful. I just wanted to say thank you and when I am of some use to a newbe I promise to pay it forward. What a great site!

That happens a lot around here. Yer right. This site has a lot of helpful and generous folks. It's a blessing to be a part of.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Thanks for the kind words, but you also helped me unload some stuff that I wasn't going to use.
    I'm glad to see you post about paying it forward. My love of fishing can be attributed to a lot of generous folks who invested in me......The most valuable gift given to me?........Their TIME!
    Tight lines, George.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

nighthawk Guest

I am here to testify before God and all that in gaining Mike as a Friend you have you have gained the friendship of one of the finest men ever to walk the earth. Mike set me up the same way with a rod, reel, lines and spare spool combo that are my favorite go to rig. God just don't make them any better than Mike Flanagan!

Mr. Tuber has indeed been a blessing to many, I myself as well am one that has been blessed by his friendship, for me at the time, (and still is) was nothing short of a gift straight from God... Some one readding this may think it over stated, you would have had to been living mylife at the time to fully understand. There are also many others on here that have been more than a friend...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Guys, I am humbled to the point of embarrassment by your kind words. All I am is an extension of my Parents, who taught all of us to share whatever we have & to be true, dependable friends. I guess maybe I'm doing ok with that.
    Thanks again,
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

This forum proves that my Dad was right, invest your money/time/efforts in people not things. It took me years to fully understand this concept, but as usual Dad was right on the money. The folks on this site are the greatest and they encourage others to do the same. Y'all take care, John.

+ Reply to Thread