+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: pocket knife

I could probably carry a different pocket knife every day for a month and never repeat the same knife twice. this collection freaks out the wife since I seem to leave them laying around the nightstand. Most are SWK with everything from 2 blades to the full tilt everything including the couch. A really cool French knife with horn handles is a favorite. The couple of old Boy Scout knives bring back memories. The thing is, I want another one. Now I'm looking at a single blade like the Paraframe. I also want a Case Hobo but I think that is going to be a gift.
    The only things we permanently keep, are those we give away-Waite Philips

Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't feel right without one on me. When I fly, they sit in an outer compartment in my checked baggage and go straight into the pockets as soon as the bags are claimed. I tend to over do it and carry two with me most of the time, whatever small cheap folder I grab that morning and a swiss army knife knock off with a little LED flashlight as one of the tools. Not sure what the make is, it was a Christmas gift a couple years back, but the little light is nice and the LED bulb means it will last a while. Along with the knives I've always got a flashlight in my back left pocket. Most people laugh if I ever pull it out but its come in handy more than enough times to make it worthwhile to carry. I tend to adhere to the two is one, one is none philosophy. Most say it's overkill, I just prefer to be prepared.

Case Fishing Knife

Carry only when fishin'.
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Default Same Case as above

Bobbyg,

Danged if you just didn't beat me to it. I have had the exact same Case knife for a loonngg time and it goes fishing with me all the time. Only problem with it is I dropped it once and part of the hook sharpener broke off and it couldn't be found. Use the hook degorger? tool all the time to remove flies from lips without touching the fish.

+ Reply to Thread