I do quite a bit of reading but not a lot of posting. And I sometimes go a few weeks without logging in. Changes? Yes. A lot for the better. There's been a lot of talk about the technical part of the site, but I doubt that the tech stuff would discourage a visitor. And for that matter, it's not that hard to become a member of the site.

That being said, I can't imagine how difficult it is to keep this whole enterprise moving week after week after week. I remember looking forward to checking every week to see what new info Al Campbell had for me to read. I was always pleased when something new was in "Native Waters", later in "Hemlock Headwaters". Things come and things go. New ones aren't always better or worse, but they are different and many of us like to hang on to the old familiar stuff that we like, and are saddened when it's gone.

Sure there's a tendency to see "reruns" on the bulletin board after reading it for a number of years, and sporadically there are individuals who post comments or photos that tend to be redundant. (The rules say we need to be polite and respectful, being boring or a "newbie" is well within the guidelines.) But things come in cycles in that respect, and all seem to fix themselves. What I do appreciate, and have always liked about FAOL is that if you post an honest question, you'll undoubtedly recieve an honest, respectful answer, or an opinion that has been thought out. People on the BB always seem to be willing to share their experience with those of us who have less, and I've always been greatful for that. And I'll add that it's a place that I don't worry about my kids visiting....l

Thanks for everything, past and present.