I am a relative newcomer to this board, but not to internet. My longest running board time is with a motorcycle board since 1999. Like mentioned, after years the same threads keep rolling thru, each time a newcomer (like me here) thinks he has an exciting new topic. Our oil threads, tire threads, etc. are similar to the "which 4wt for small streams" threads here. The thing is, there are always new people coming in and they appreciate the help offered, even if they could have done a search on the same thing. It also gives the more experienced a chance to show the wisdom they're accumulated thru the ages. I find it exciting to find a new to me board and take the time to search and research it's posts.

The one thing that does happen on any board is that "cliques" develop with people who've become close either thru contact or cyberspace communication. These will often make newcomers uncomfortable but only by sticking it out can you become better known and know better the basic heart of the board, which is it's long time members. This board seems to have held together thru several phases and since I don't know a thing about people lost to the board or format changes, I'm very happy to have found it just like it is.