Deanna, Himself, Mato, Warren P, Jack Hise, Kaboom, Joe V, Bill and Jean D, Marco, FatBill, Betty H, John C are all people who I have met personally who have enriched my life with their lives and stories. I was in the very first Beginner Swap with Parnelli (met two of the swappers in person later as our paths crossed.)I won a few of the contests that RW put on and still fish with some of the flies I tied with some of the prizes which at the time I wondered what they were good for. I had joined in '98 or '99 and hung out until some health issues in 2005 reared their ugly heads. Life intervened a bit and I got the bamboo rod building bug so I migrated over to Clark's to tap into that resource for a while (and am still active on that board). But I never lost the warm feeling I had and have for FAOL. I never fail to point some new fly fishers to FAOL. I taught classes of elementary children the art of the fly with an encouragement to pursue it further at FAOL. When I purchase something at a fly shop I mention that I first heard of it or them on FAOL. I attend the MIFI every year just to drink some good Dickel and hear some better lies than I can spin. I admit I lurk now more than contribute but FAOL will always be #1 in my heart and mind. Deanna I thank you for that; you are a blessing.
Hugs.
Mark