Your daily dose of 'what?', brought to you by Marco, ladies and gentlemen.

If I may, I'll chop out the middle 80% of that one and respond to what I did manage to glean from it.

It occurs to me to wonder just WHY does FAOL lose subscribers. Seems like some of them just ?fall off the cliff? never to be heard from again. I know a few instances where there were squabbles with the owners . But legitimate or not, we?re talking an Internet site where only egos may possible be bruised. No money is lost and no purchased products are misrepresented. No REAL reason to take ones ?business? elsewhere. Despite my ?member since? stats, I have been with FAOL since the Moses and wicker basket thing. I?ve seen em come and I?ve seen em go, therefore my wondering.
The same reason, but in the inverse.

In short: why not? Its just an internet site. No real reason to stay, especially if it has turned into a source of aggravation, or ceased to be a source of enjoyment. While I do enjoy the site, I can certainly see, in some situations, why people would choose not to come back. While FAOL is certainly among the most tame, polite communities I frequent, that same dynamic also has the effect of harboring many individuals that are fairly thin-skinned, easily offended, and/or hypersensitive. For many, that sort of atmosphere seems uptight and stuffy, whereas many other forums are more free and laid back...if harsher, coarser, and less tolerant. Its all just personal preference.