Thread: Just a thought

Threaded View

Reviving "another". And the question remains....................

"Where have all the "members" gone??

Mark
    PS: A while ago I also posted:
    Some of you are implying a funeral dirge for FAOL. I didn't intend to suggest that because FAOL has lost some long timers, it cannot survive without them. As the bottom empties, the top is refilled by new folks. There will never be another JC, Al Campbell, Ron Koenig et al, but there will be others, perhaps with smaller feet, to fill their shoes. Even now, we have a few "in the bud" prospects. Yes, the questions do get a bit old and boring, but ONLY to those of us who have been here a while. For others they're informative and vital. Re-mentioning I've been here since "the Moses ......thing", what could I possibly ask that has not already been addressed and answered?. I also don't answer questions for fear, like rainbow..., of demonstrating my ignorance. FAOL could not survive if I was the norm rather than the exception. I depend on YOU the personalities, the characters, the egos , the pros, rod builders, tyers etc . to fill in the void I may create. I confess my interest tends to lean more to the Sound Off forum than to the others and I have a feeling that I'm not alone in that.
    Factoring in the economic reality, FAOL is more than alive and kicking . Perhaps I'm showing my age by dreaming of the good old days and remembering folks who helped build the reputation FAOL currently enjoys. Some of those folks can never come back but those who can, I hope they do.

Mark
    Last edited by Marco; 11-23-2013 at 08:27 PM.