+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB: Rotary Fly Vise

Hybrid View

Default WTB: Rotary Fly Vise

I'm in need of a good rotary fly-tying vise-- Regal Medallion, Renzetti, HMH or Dyna King. Would prefer one with a pedestal base, and midge jaws would be a definite plus. Let me know what you've got either by PM or directly at jwarrington1@copper.net... hairwing530

No spare fly-tying vises gathering dust? Please let me know if you come across one... HW530

One last amendment... or two. The midge jaws are more wishful thinking than anything else, as is the pedestal base. Standard jaws will do just fine. Regal, Renzetti, HMH and Dyna-King still interest me most, but I'm willing to look at any good vise. And, if a trade is more to your liking and you're into shooting, I've got an old gunning box (about 40 years) with a lift out drawer inside the top cover and in VG+ condition that I'd be willing to part with. After the "B&E" boys cleaned me out of my hunting and fishing gear while we were away, I've got a boatload of stuff to replace. Some years, it never ends...

Tight lines in 2010, everyone... Hairwing530

Hairwing530, please check your email.

PRM
    Whether you think you can, or think you cannot, you're probably right.
    --Author unknown

i have an anvil atlas pedistal vise i got in trade.. but will probably never end up using it as i wanted.. make me an offer..

crash,
    Don't know much about the Anvil line-- durability, construction, etc. If you could send me a photo and your observations on the vise, that would certainly help. I know I'm asking a lot, so whenever you get some free time, it would be deeply appreciated. Please send them direct to my e-mail account-- jwarrington1@copper.net

Many thanks for your response... Hairwing530

7. Default

i have a gatsby. it is a beautiful vise with a marble base and fully rotary with lots of knobs for adjustment. i'm am back and forth with a project that keeps me away from home and the vise except on weekends. gatsby has a web site and you can see the vise there.

Jack,
    The vise sounds like a beauty. I tried "Goggling" the Gatsby vise and came up empty for a website. I even tried some of the on-line shops that carry large assortments of vises. Nada!

If you decide on selling it, touch base with me at jwarrington1@copper.net And, if you know the address of the website, please let me know.

Many thanks... Hairwing530

To one and all who responded, my heartfelt thanks. A new addition to the tying bench is awaiting a trial run later today, the result of one man's generosity and a little ol' fashioned "horse trading." Again, thank you all... HW530, aka Jerry

+ Reply to Thread