+ Reply to Thread

Thread: REST OF THE STORY (part 2) - Ladyfisher - May 31, 2010

Blog Entries

Default REST OF THE STORY (part 2) - Ladyfisher - May 31, 2010

REST OF THE STORY (part 2)

This is part 2 of Dee going over Jim's last days. Part 1 can be found here.

The nurses at the clinic on Colonel Hill, Crooked Island the Bahamas have just declared my husband dead. They give me a few minutes with him to try and get myself together. The policeman who had been at the police station a few hours ago with us came in. He wanted to know what happened.

2. Default

That was a tuff row to hoe, and I am sure just as tuff to write about. My prayers are with you Dee. I am glad you pushed for Jim to go with you, it would have been much harder if he wasn't with you when he was called from this world to the next.

LadyFisher,
    Thank you for sharing the Rest of the Story. What a terrible ordeal it must have been. I imagine that telling what all happened was good therapy for you. Hearing it is probably good therapy for us. God love you Deanna.
    Hugs from Liberty Lake,
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

If I did not know any better I would have thought you were writting a novel. I wish you peace Dee. God bless.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

LF,
    I'm sure that writing these things was very difficult, even a year later. Thank you SO much for sharing so that we can begin to grasp what happened.
    "Legacy" is a word that is thrown around far too much by the wrong people today, in my opinion. However, Jim left an amazing legacy when he passed on. The people he touched are numerous! He sparked betterment of the sport to many people, shared his passion for the outdoors and everything fly fishing, and was a genuine joy to talk to on the bulletin board. When folks speak of "leaving a legacy", look no further than Castwell himself.

Hugs,
    Zac

Dee,
    Thank you for sharing all the details. You and I have talked a little about it, but I didn't know but just a very little of the ordeal you went though. I'm very happy for you in your new arrangement, and I know time will help to heal your heart of the tragedy. I'm glad you have someone close to help you through. Hopefully I'll meet up with you in West Yellowstone in Aug. at the FFF. If not, we'll visit you on the way up to Bigfork and Glacier. Have a spot picked out for us to wet a line with you.

In each passing is a nugget of gold. It's our job to find it. I hope the retelling of his passing helps you find yours.

A very difficult story to share and to read, but thank you.

- Jeff
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

Thank you LF for shareing that with us...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Thank you very much for sharing

+ Reply to Thread