+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simms Headwaters Sling Pack

Hybrid View

Default Simms Headwaters Sling Pack

I am thinking of buying one to use this summer in place of a full vest. I was curious if anyone has one and what your thoughts are.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Dave,

I use the Fishpond Blue River as a sling pack and love it. I push it around to my back and it is not int the way for stripping line or landing a fish.
    I keep the waste belt a little lose and it stays close to my body, when I need it I just pull it back to the front. It will not hold as much as a vest but I found I do not need all that can be put in a vest.
    "Don't mess with the Mule, just load the wagon"
    David L
    Roseburg Or.

I have the Simms Chest-Hip Pack and absolutely love it. Great quality and plenty of room. I looked at all three lumba packs and liked the way the neck strap adjusted on this one.
    Arkansas State Coordinator for Reel Recovery
    Board Member of Fly Fishing Federation Southern Council

I've used several sling packs, including the Simms, loved all of them much more than my vest, but my favorite would also have to be the Fishpond Blue River. I find it a little roomier which comes in handy for my bigger bass fly boxes, but the fact that you can also wear it as a chest pack when you wade deeper or as a fanny pack on your wader belt are welcome bonuses, too.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Bludgill

Just to clarify, have you used the new Simms Headwaters Sling pack? A friend of mine has the the Blue River and has some issues with the strap being too short to wear comfortably over the shoulder.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Yes, it was the headwaters pack, and my only problem was that it wasn't quite big enough for my bass/wiper/big game boxes. Other than that, it was a great little pack. I'm attaching a picture of me wearing the Blue river pack. I'm about 5'10 and the strap is not quite at it's longest length. If you're much taller than me it might well be a little short.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

+ Reply to Thread