Adam,
I used to snap the ends off my rods either in a car door or cabin screen door closing faster than I could get my gear & fish inside.

My fishing buddy found a broken Orvis rod in his town dump. Snapped of about 6" from the tip. He repaired it himself, forget what materials were used, but he slipped a tube over each broken end and glued it tight.

Maybe it didn't act the same but HE was sure happy to have a terrific fly rod for zero cost.

If you can't get satisfaction any other way, let me know. I would be happy to take it off your hands. It will probably work as well or better than the majority of my older rods.

As for being a crummy fly caster, well, count me in too. As long my fly gets from here to there I'm good. If it splashes, big deal.

The best fishing equipment manufacturer I know of is Eagle Claw here in Denver. Bring in ANY model from any year with any problem and they will usually fix it for FREE. Rod, reel, whatever.

------------------
?The good? in Islam is something to be compelled, on others as well as on yourself. Whereas, in Christianity, ?the good? is something received through Grace.