Thread: Midwest Fly Fishing Magazine

Threaded View

Default Midwest Fly Fishing Magazine

I was just going through my issues of Midwest Fly Fishing Magazine and realized my subscription was coming due. Over the past several years I subscribed to a large number of fly fishing publications. After several years I found the growing mounds of mags in my house were taking over so I needed to do some thinning. (Watching Hoarders lit a candle under my rear! ) The vast majority of mags I've distributed to the members of my local club. I've kept a few that had articles in them I felt I could put to good use in the future. With one exception, I've let all of my subscriptions laps...make that two. (not counting club mags like FFF / TU etc) One mag is Fly Fisherman. I kept that one going because my grandson was selling subscription as a school fund raiser, but I also think it's still the best main stream fly fishing mag. The other is Midwest Fly Fishing Magazine. That has become my all time favorite publication. It's not fancy. It doesn't have a lot of pages (= ads) It's not glossy. What it lacks in flash...it makes up for in it's content. The articles and the writers are without a doubt some of the best out there. It's pertinent to my location and the kind of fishing I like to do. This is one publication I will keep coming to my mailbox for a long time to come. If you haven't given it a try I suggest you do, especially if you live in any of the Great Lakes States (Provinces).
    Note too, that they are an FAOL sponsor.
    Last edited by Mato Kuwapi; 05-25-2010 at 10:52 PM.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer