+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Belize Bonefishing???

Default Belize Bonefishing???

Had kinda planned on going to Montana to float the Missouri with a buddy. Well his daughter is getting marrined and so that is out for him. In checking around there is nothing for my wife to do if she goes. So it hit me Belize for Bonefish! Anyone know anything about that???? Is there anything for a wife to do there, we have our passports and are ready to go. Need all the info you can feed me, Please!!!!!!!!!!

We did a series on fishing in Belize a while back, things haven't changed much, you might read this series:
    http://www.flyanglersonline.com/feat...lize/part1.php

LadyF: gunna read every word, and am sure will have lots of questions, THANKS for the post!!!!

Belize is a dream for no-flyfishers. The best: snorkeling (amaaaaazingggg...) and jungle trips (caves, ancient pyramids, etc.)

Default San Pedro

Mark- the series LF posted is great info. Unfortunately, since 2001 the island has been on a development tear. The population has tripled w/o the infrastructure to support it, streets have been paved(albeit w/cobblestone), and traffic is a nightmare. In general it's sufferring from the development craze. Fortunately the fishing descriptions in the article are still valid, and the non-fishing activities are still there. It's still a great place, and I'm still going at least once a year. It's esp. easy for that first "big trip"-US/BZ dollars are equally acceptable, most people speak english and most anything you forgot is available. It's just not the quaint fishing village it's generally been described as.

+ Reply to Thread