Hi all,
Just wanted to post and say thanks to all of you who have stuck with me through my medical problems. I just had a visit with the doc the other day. As expected due to the dying of my thyroid the glucose numbers are elevated right now.

My latest test results show my TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) level is 39 with the normal range being .5-5.0! TSH is released by the pituitary gland to stimulate the thyroid into hormone production. The higher the TSH level, the lower the actual thyroid hormone level. In short my thyroid is now dead so we begin the adjustment of hormone levels via my daily synthroid pill. I have gained weight but doc isn't worried about that as it is part of what I am going through. She also knows how active I normally am and said my activity level should pickup again when we get things balanced better.

The worst thing now in my back. 5 bad disc's, two of them completely dessicated and ruptured into the spinal cord canal (stenosis) as well as into the nerve roots for my legs. I had hopes to work another 20 years serving our troops but I will probably be facing 80% disability retirement soon. It is going to break my heart not being able to server the members of our military.

Thanks to all who have stood with me thorugh this. I hope to get on the water over my 5 day holiday weekend this month.

God Bless all,
Eric.

alis aquilaeon an eagle's wingstaken from the Book of Isaiah, Chapter 40. "But those who wait for the Lord shall find their strength renewed, they shall mount up on wings like eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not grow faint."