+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud to be Canadian!

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default Proud to be Canadian!

I hope this works, it is a great video of how Canada is proud of it's heroes

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=174894628420
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

flyfishfairwx,
    I've seen the video of this before and the lump in my throat remains. Yes, you deserve to be PROUD of these HEROES. AND I assure you , we as Americans are NO LESS proud of them.

Mark

Absolutely beautiful and breath-taking. We thank you for sharing it with us - I'm glad to see that kind of patriotism is still alive and well somewhere - we had it here in the US for a while after 9/11, but it seems to have gotten lost in the big "ME" generation or culture. So sad.
    LF

Thumbs up

As an American Vet, I am very proud of our neighbors to the north for their display of love & support for their Heroes.
    I salute not only your Heroes, but the Canadian Patriots who support them.
    God Bless,
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

As a former paratrooper who's son just finished his second tour in Iraq, salute to the brave willing to sacrifice all. While we may not agree on cause or purpose we can all agree that, in reality, it comes down to the person in the next fox hole.

Several Canadians fought with us in Nam. They were good guys, good soldiers, and brave men.

file:///C:/Users/ods2679/Pictures/Picture0030.jpg
    "As far down the river as he could see, the trout were rising, making circles on the surface of the water, as though it were starting to rain."- E.H., The Big Two Hearted River

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    Absolutely beautiful and breath-taking. We thank you for sharing it with us - I'm glad to see that kind of patriotism is still alive and well somewhere - we had it here in the US for a while after 9/11, but it seems to have gotten lost in the big "ME" generation or culture. So sad.
    LF
    WRONG! Dee your wrong on this one.
    Patriotism still runs from sea to sea in our beloved America...

As for Canada, you bet I am very proud of her heros as well...

Be safe!
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 05-22-2010 at 11:34 PM.
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Steve,

I will have to agree there are still plenty of patriotic young people out there. We have to remember that every man and women in uniform is a volunteer, not draftees. WHere patriotism has hit the skid is in the main stream press and telecommunication industries. Although it seems from time to time they get the message that we still love our country and respect the people who sacrificed to allow us access to our God given rights.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

This is a cut and paste from an email from my old boss, who was a friend before he was my boss. The ding in the leg was a direct hit through the calf that resulted in the loss of a large chunk of muscle. The link is worth viewing.

================================================== =========================
    Got this from General Bob Stewart who I was flying the helicopter with in RVN back in 1966 when I got dinged in the leg. Bob was a 1st Lt at the time and went on to become an astronaut and flew quite a few missions in our space program. The note below is from Bob. This song pretty much exemplifies what transpired back during that time.

Hi Everyone,

I went to a reunion of my RVN Aviation Battalion last week. One of the young aviators, a combat veteran of Iraq himself, and a member of the current 13th Aviation Bde., Wrote this song. He finished it the night before he performed it for us the first public performance. I really appreciated this song because of who wrote it as well as what it says. Give a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehbc1zU1BwQ

Bob Stewart
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

God bless those heroes.
    I believe I can fly fish

+ Reply to Thread