The afternoon of the 25th, after a long fight with an illness she developed after her body rejected a vaccine, she shouldn't have had received in the first place, Frida left this world to have a better life in the next one.

Her condition deteriorated fast and the last 3 days of her struggle she suffered multiple complications that finally took her life away.

The decision to end her suffering came almost automatically after the long efforts to help her overcome the illness became fruitless. Her death was sweet and fast. Her heart took some minutes to quit pumping but she had already left her body, destroyed by the fight. She was surrounded by the people she loved the most and, although I'm sure it was painful for her to see us crying, I'm also sure she was confident -as she always was- that we were doing what was best for her. We buried her, with her toys, just as the sun came down. There's a huge void, eventhough she was with us for a short time.

It's hard to assume the unavoidability of her fate and I'll always have in my mind the idea that I failed in many ways, that I could have done more. I hope she's happy where ever she might be and that she'll remember me come the happy day of our reunion.

So long my Frida... you'll be always on my mind.

[This message has been edited by dphotoco (edited 27 February 2006).]

[This message has been edited by dphotoco (edited 28 February 2006).]