+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outages

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default Outages

Bad news.. the database had an issue this morning.
    Good news.. We have a new server and I am migrating things to it this weekend.
    Bad news.. I'll have to take FAOL OFFLINE Friday night 11PM pacific (I have other obligations so this is my only window)
    Good news.. The new server has twice as many processors on it and is twice as fast with twice as much RAM.

No problem-- you are doing a good job for us all. I appreciate all of your efforts on our behalf.

two positives and two negatives. Hmm, lets do the math here. -2 added to +2 equalls 0, or none. And since everyone knows no news is good news, it looks from here like all is well and you're still doing a great job. Thanks for all the hard work, Ron!
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Thanks for the heads-up Ron. I noticed a couple of problems this A.M. and was kind of wondering.
    Git 'er Done friend. You ARE appreciated.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Default Not really!

Quote Originally Posted by Orthoman View Post
    No problem-- you are doing a good job for us all. I appreciate all of your efforts on our behalf.
    Well not quite! I hope you never have a 'PM' issue . I asked for help from 'Rtidd' concerning private messages not being received. I sent several 'pms' and emails with no answer. Thus my 'PM' feature has not worked all year.
    So please don't speak for ' Us all'.................
    Tight Lines......
    John } aka: Quill gordon

Blog Entries

Well thats all well and fine Quill Gordon. but I have left a couple PM's for you asking for more info to be emailed to me directly - like your password so I can see what the issue is.
    Everything looks fine server side...
    I've gotten no response....
    I must assume then that you can't READ your PMs either, and will ask that you send me your login name/pwd in an email to rtidd@flyanglersonline.com
    Keep in mind I volunteer time here, so your support from me is as I can get to it on my personal time.
    I'm willing to bend over backward to help, but you have to meet me half way here (please).
    For instance I am getting to this at 9:11 before taking the hour and a half ride home to get up at 5:30 and do it all over again... Time is a luxury.
    Hopefully you can read and get this. If not - after I do the migration I'll change your password so I can test it, and then email your registered email address the new password.
    Let me know please. No email in my box means this is the plan.
    Thanks.
    --Ron--

I for one hope you caught some fish this weekend and had a good time. A well deserved break from all you do. It was a pleasure meeting you and I appreciate everything you do. Thanks.

Jerry

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

I for one appreciate everything Ron has done for this site (and everything he continues to do) I would be lost without FAOL.

Thank You RON

Katy, Texas (Houston is our biggest suburb!)
    Blog Entries

Quill gordan's comment reminds me of the sign that used to be posted outside a small south-central Oklahoma town that read: "Welcome to Capron, Oklahoma. Home of 384 friendly folks and one or two old grouches." (I have taken some liberty with the name of the town and the correct population total, as it has been too many years since I last drove through the place. The sign may still be there as far as I know.)

Frank

Default Sage...... really ?

Quote Originally Posted by aged_sage View Post
    Quill gordan's comment reminds me of the sign that used to be posted outside a small south-central Oklahoma town that read: "Welcome to Capron, Oklahoma. Home of 384 friendly folks and one or two old grouches." (I have taken some liberty with the name of the town and the correct population total, as it has been too many years since I last drove through the place. The sign may still be there as far as I know.)

Frank
    Well Frank, you may be Aged, but you're no Sage!!
    Unfortunately, the forums are full of people like you, who speak out of their 'Arse', as my father would say! I tried repeately to resolve my 'PM' problem via a 'thread' I started last month, and none of the posters could fix the problem. I don't recall you being one of them. Then I sent several Pms to Ron( with receipts attached), and received no replies. I also sent emails detailing the problem. In all that time, I received no answer .
    I like the 'PM' feature because it allows users to sent private messages and not 'littter the forum' with posts that should remain private.
    So before you start calling people names, you should get your facts straight. I have proof I repeately contacted Ron to resolve the problem, so I have a 'real issue' here. So I feel I have a real complaint to air. If you want proof, I'll call your bluff!
    * If I get my PM service back........ you'll be the first to know!
    Tight Lines......
    John } aka: Quill gordon

+ Reply to Thread