Hi Mike,

The farmer's market out there is usually pretty good. Some nice meats and veggies, and berries when they're in season. It is every Sunday. We checked via google and decided to go (I thought it was only every other Sunday for some reason). Also, there's some craft sales and such in a hall beside a small playground in town (by the traffic circle) where you can get some great meat pies. Had one of the best steak and kidney pies I've had in a long time there.

Glad to hear you got out as well. Waihou always produces lots of small ones, but it's good to see some of the bigger fish show up too. If the sun is out and it's at all warm, I find that the small spiders work really well in the Waihou. The Waihou's clear water makes them very easy for the fish to spot. I almost always pick up a couple in the two pools beside the parking lot using a dark blue spider with a black hackle (I call it a Dark Betty, as it's a darker version of a blue spider that Betty Hiner showed me via FAOL a few years ago).

- Jeff