Jack Hise and I just returned from 2 days in Townsend, TN. where we attended the 2010 Trout Fest. Townsend, TN. is on the Little River and it is just one beautiful river! The water is crystal clear, lots of deep fast water sections and some deep pools. It has some beautiful trout in it plus it is noted for smallmouth bass fishing too. We arrived on Friday afternoon and checked into our motel room at Dock's Motel which is located on the river and all their land is private access to the Little River for their guests only. We had thunder, lightening and rain late in the day on Friday and Saturday. We attended the Trout Fest on Saturday and I got to meet Lefty Kreh and Bob Clouser and they are both very fine gentleman and easy to talk to. I attended both of their casting clinics and got to see how I am suppose to be casting a fly rod. I watched them very closely and did walk away with some very good casting points to practice on. The Trout Fest was well worth the trip plus there was no admission charge to attend it. There were lots of fly tyers doing their thing and sharing tying secrets plus several other vendors there with their products on display. We paid a visit to Little River Outfitters fly shop (twice) and I did leave some money there! They have a large fly shop and a large selection of fly tying supplies which I enjoyed. As a "plug" for them, they do not charge for shipping and handling so you may want to pay a visit to their web site.

Jack and I did get to fish a couple hours on Friday and again on Saturday and we did catch some fish. I did make a mental note that on my next trip I would make sure to put my metal stud screws in my Chota wading boots! The Little River has some of the most slippery rocks I have ever tried to wade! The lady who owns the Dock's Motel told me that the river had "snot rocks" in it! I did not take but 2 pictures because I was consentrating on not slipping and falling in the strong current plus the water temperature was 68 degrees and I did not want to keep the fish out of the water very long. I have one picture looking downstream of Jack from a spot on the river in front of Dock's Motel and one picture of one of the very nice rainbows that were caught. They were around 17" to 19" and very healthy. I found that they liked John Scott's PSC fly very well! Thank you again, John for sharing that pattern.

I also got to meet "esquire92" and "JohnR" from the FAOL membership and enjoyed that meeting. If you get the chance to go to the Trout Fest, go and you will not regret it.