Thread: Little Cyprus

Threaded View

Default Little Cyprus

Gemrod whitewolf been here fer nearly 2 weeks fishin & fly tyin... Today we went on a float trip to little cyprus which runs from lake o pines, through jefferson texas & on to feed the caddo lake where the fishin is good from mid-winter up untill early summer... We fished from around 11AM till 9:15PM... Gemrod cought some small breams, catfish & some really nice crappies... I started the day off by cathing a few good smallmouth bass, some really small breams then big breams later in the evening... My wife cought some chunky sand bass, a shad & several big breams... Kelkay, well, didnt matter what fly she tied on ; it was small catfish all day fer her... On the way back upstream Figured I might tie on a deerhair mouse so I did... A 40ft cast & some small twitching hooked a nice largemouth which broke my bamboo tip section right at the furrel then the 8lb tippet resulting in not landing that bass... Were taking a float trip next week to lake athens or brokenbow oklahoma if we dont go back to little cyprus which arta be a blast... If any faol member would like to go fishing with us on one of our upcomming trips, free room & board, you are more than welcome... No trout here but there are plenty of other fish to be cought...
    Last edited by bugman; 05-17-2010 at 02:56 AM.
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...