+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yard Sale

Default Yard Sale

Had a yard sale today to get rid of accumulated junk that's been piling up for a couple of years
    In was a few old casting reels , some cheap landing nets, a box of '60s & '70s hardcover general fishing books, and lots of old lures.
    Not collectible lures, just ones that I've found hanging in trees, or washed up on the beach.
    I've been picking them up and putting them in my vest pocket for years and as I never spin fish they've been piling up.

At 25 & 50 cents a piece I'd bet I took in 30 bucks in lures alone
    Sold only one reel and one book.... but every single (free to me) lure
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Hey Dudley,
    I also "struck gold" about fifteen years ago, As is done on occasion, the Snake River Dam at Jackson Lake is shut down (90% reduced flow) and I reaped the benefits by being first on scene. The low water revealed hundreds of spinners, lead-head jigs etc. that I was able to collect. Had to make several trips back to the truck to off load my bounty. I must have collected 500 or so. In any case, it took me 10 years to finally to sell them off at various garage sales ( on consingment in most cases). I probably netted $300 or more . I must admit , however, I did use one ore two of them some years later at the spot from which they were retrieved and did promptly commit them to the deep from whence they came and in the manner in which they originally came to be there.

There are a few of mine, bought at the store price of course, in the Flaming Gorge, Fontnelle Reservoir, even Little Half Moon where I flyfish anymore.
    Have never had the oppertunity to collect as you guys have. DARN IT ANYWAY!!
    Wyo-Blizzard

I've also found more than a few and have stashed them somewhere. Key word: somewhere.

I usually create a little good will by giving them to the hardware dudes around me when I am fishing...unless they are little bitty ones. I use those when I spin fish with my kid.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

+ Reply to Thread