+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Armed Forces Day

Hybrid View

Default Armed Forces Day

Today is Armed Forces Day, when we honor those who are in the military, defending our Nation. Airman,Soldiers, Sailors, Marines; who took the solemn oath to support and defend our Nation against all enemies, and to obey orders of those appointed over them. Willing to go in Harms Way, to risk Life and Limb, for the Constitution of the United States of America.

It does not matter if they enlisted to serve in the Full-time Armed Forces, in the Reserve Components, or the State National Guard. They all took the same oath, and face the same hazards of duty.

Hero's every last one, that put "Country" before "Self". Who believe is "Duty, Honor, and Country"! Whenever I meet a airman, soldier, sailor or marine, I have only one thing to do. Shank their hand and say, "Thank You for your service to "Our Nation"!

Steven H. McGarthwaite
    Platoon Sergeant, Retired, U.S. Army
    1968-1995

2. Default

Thanks!

Dan
    1SG (Ret)
    U. S. ARMY 1967-1987

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Much thanks to our men and women in the armed forces. Your service, courage and sacrifice are greatly appreciated by free people around the world. Good post Steve and thank YOU for the reminder. 8T

Default With a River of Thanks

As you drive out of Oakdale on 120 east towards Yosemite, past the Old abandon Farm house and
    Red barn
    on the left side of Highway there is a rock bluff that flies Our American Flag masted
    up high for all to see.

The Flag has been there for years. It has been looking a bit tattered these days so with the property
    owners permission we gave the Bluff an upgrade with a larger new Flag.

Hope you enjoy the Glorious view as you drive by, most certainty no better, just a bit more Prominent.

During the flag replacement we coined the Bluff, Freedom Bluff, dedicated to Major Frank Garcia's
    '1947 Yosemite Freedom Flight, In Honor all of Our Worlds Brave Veterans past and present
    who have fought and are still fighting for us all in the name of Liberty.

Background inlay; the Old abandon Farm house and
    Red barn
    on the left side of Highway
    Foreground; view from Freedom Bluff

Link-->>

-----------------------------∼ 1947 Yosemite ∼ Freedom Flight

Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Cool thanks for the reminder. The kids in the military and it gives me a reason to call him today.

Rick

I'll add my thanks to all that serve. And my prayers that all now serving stay safe from harm. God Bless you all past and present.

Rocky

Amen!

REE
    1SG (Ret.)
    U.S. Army Airborne
    1964-1988
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

+ Reply to Thread