+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They've gone and done it!!

Default They've gone and done it!!

Steveks, ldice, jiggin, Quivira Kid, and I drug Betty out to the local bluegill hole tonight and got her into (gasp!) warmwater fish. A great time was had by all and many a fine bluegill, green sunfish and redear were caught, admired, and quietly released to fight another day. I don't think she's completely cured of her compulsion for those slimey trouts, but at least now she knows why so many people call this giggle fishing IMGP6170.jpg IMGP6163 (2).jpgIMGP6168.jpgIMGP6164.jpgIMGP6160 (2).jpg
    Last edited by Bluegill222; 05-14-2010 at 03:04 AM.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Tim,

Did you forget to use the timed shutter? Seems to be one missing.

Not only did you get Betty out and catching bluegills but you've captured her image as well. Looks like she is cracking up pretty good in the last shot. Looks like good times. Too badI wasn't able to get out there with the weather turning so nice.

Betty showed up on film, but apparently I don't. Actually I don't have a timed shutter on my camera. Zac has a good shot of all of us he's going to post when he gets home.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

"Next to a healthy 10 pound carp a brook trout can look like a minnow in a clown suit"

Trout snob no longer! That lady is flat ruined forever now. Guys that was a whole lot of fun!!! I will try and get pics up tomorrow evening. It was a pleasure to fish with you all!

I've got a lot of bead chain hares ears that need replaced!

And another good trout fisherperson goes down in flames. We'll remember ya Betty, and now we won't have to imagine what you look like when we do. I was wondering if you had a wart on your nose or something. You've been pretty good at duckin' the camera. Now we need some shots of you, holding up those imaginary trouts you catch in the Black Hills.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Loved the photos and the smiles!
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Yup, grinning from ear to ear. Them gills is fun, ain't they, Betty?

Nicely done, fellas.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Looks like a great time, to me. Glad every one had a good time. The tug is the drug, no matter what the fish. Bluegills are at the top of the list.
    Member FFF , TU, MTFF
    Ron

Gotta tell you ... it was so fun! The guys put me on to a great spot for a first time, and we caught fish after fish! Learned lots of new stuff ... all together different than trout fishing. You really have to be on your toes! Those little guys may not take real aggressively, but boy can they fight! Love it when they run in circles!! Didn't need the boga (?) but I did learn to "lip" the greens! Who's a thought??!!

Must keep in mind ... trouts gots teeth ... gills gots spikes!!!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

+ Reply to Thread