I had the very good fortune of meeting our own 'jburge' a couple of days ago and though we din't flyfish, i was shown around some of the great waters close to Sacramento, CA. I have to say that a personally guided 'trout scout' with someone that really knows their way around is a treat and a half and the approx 6 hours spent hiking and looking around with John was a huge pleasure and very enlightening.

I was so relaxed where normally were i on my own i'd constantly be thinking i was wasting my time to explore places that i hadn't been. Not this time as John showed me water that widened my eyes at each of the four foothill river locations and a lake thrown in for boot. I especially liked that there were trails that became mostly overgrown in a reasonable distance and John mentioned that a couple of them ended. This just screams 'go there' and then get in the river to see what's up around the bend.

Thanks John, we'll flyfish all of that as soon as things settle down and we can get out there !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose