steven, I must respectfully disagree with you on a couple points. While many meds should be taken until completed, esp antibiotics and drugs that treat chronic conditions, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc., some medicines should not be completely consumed. These are prn or "as needed" drugs, such as pain meds (as in Ladyfisher's case), and drugs for cough, nausea, diarrhea, laxatives, panic or anxiety attacks, migraines, meds for asthma attacks (not the ones who treat chronic asthma), symptomatic relief of colds or flu (not antibiotics or antivirals), to name a few. Small amounts of these are rightly left over after their need has passed, and will need to be disposed of. Of course, if a prescribed med causes a side effect of allergic reaction, it needs to be stopped immediately and the doctor notified. These too, must be disposed of. Also, in my experience, Rx vials are usually recycle number 5, not 1 or 2, and these are not accepted for recycling in some jurisdictions. Even if you can recycle these, you need to remove personal info from the labels. I dont mean to nit pick, but many folks have leftover meds as did Ladyfisher and it is not because they didnt follow the doctor's advice.