Ok, so I am still really new to fishing on still water. We have a local lake here which is fairly small, about five acres.

The first time I fished this lake was about 4 weeks ago and I absolutely killed it after I got the right streamer on. I tried a rust colored and black both with and without bead head with no success then I tied on a smallish green maribou streamer with a bit of flash mixed in and it was action from the first cast on.

Since then though it has been almost no action.

Sometimes I get there and they are rising all over the place and I can get these smaller guys with drys by casting immediately to a rise. They will take the fly about 70% of the time doing that.

Fishing below the water on lakes is still a mystery to me. I try running the streamer at all different depths and I try many different colors. I try long steady strips and short fast strips. I just can;t seem to find these fish anymore.

The lake seems fairly deep. I would say at least 30-40 feet if I had to guess. It is right at around 7k in altitude.

Is there some key to rigging that I am missing? I am fishing with a single fly and putting a fair amount of weight about 10 inches above the fly, casing out and then stripping back in.

Is there some other rigging situation that could be more effective?

I don't know, any info will help.

Thanks...