+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mikey (ohiotuber) I found a restaurant here that serves your sandwich!!

Default Mikey (ohiotuber) I found a restaurant here that serves your sandwich!!

Here is just one of the sandwiches served at the Cattywampus Restaurant located in Lynchburg, Tennessee"

"The Spammy-Wampus which is:

"Our take on a southern classic, the adventurous SPAM sandwich! Served on grilled toast with sauteed sweet onions and bell peppers and topped with a grilled pineapple ring. You gotta try this! y'all!"
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

That ain't a restaurant...It's an OUTHOUSE!!!!
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

Ha Ha Mikey is jealous

Actually if you lose the grilled pineapple, this sounds like a great sammich. On second thought, I'd even try it with the pineapple. I'm sure SPAM would carry this sammich with or without. Cattywampus Restaurant is now on my roadfood "must try" list but we won't be in that area till December. My TN list now contains the Loveless Cafe in near Nashville, Dotsons in Franklin and now the Cattywampus in Lynchburg.

Mark

Mark,

The waitress stated that this sandwich is not made with the "out of the can" SPAM, but, the SPAM is creamed like a sandwich spread. They also have:

Southern Fried Cheese, Homestyle Salmon Cakes, Zula's Fried Green Tomatoes, Fried Dill Pickles, Tennessee Onion Straws, Fried Chicken, Roasted Chicken, Fried Catfish, Pan-Seared Catfish, Homestyle Salmon Cakes, 10 oz Ribeye, 8 oz Sirloin, 10 oz Pork Chop, Uncle Jack's Grilled Salmon and Cobb Hollow Chicken.

For Dessert: Miss Denise's Apple Dumplin, Bert's Bread Puddin, Sister Nancy's Peach Cobbler, Mulberry Mud Chocolate Cake, Big Mama's Banana Puddin' served in a good ol' canning jar and Cousin Cathy's Carrot Cake

Let me know when you will be here and maybe I can set up a fishing trip for us to take plus I would love to meet another FAOL member that I only know by name.

Until then......
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Call me crazy, but other than those fried dill pickles (please, lord, let me never see those words strung together that way again) I'd try anything else on the menu instead of that creamed spam sandwich. This is way way worse than the 7th grade cooking class chipped beef on toast I forced down. I need a good strong cup of joe and a bagel to get over this thread.

fried green tomatoes are not served in an outhouse!!
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

Diane-- about the pickles (I'll spare you the other words strung together). The really scary thing is that they aren't half bad.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

What's a aneurysm feel like?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegill222 View Post
    Diane-- about the pickles (I'll spare you the other words strung together). The really scary thing is that they aren't half bad.
    Diane, just to forestall your thoughts, they aren't all bad, either.

Ed

+ Reply to Thread