+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So many choices.

Default So many choices.

I have about $300-$350 to spend. I have three choices, well wants. Which would you guys choose? $300 in tying materials(needed and some not so much) and a fly line, St. Croix rod building kit 2 reels and 2 lines(1 set reel and line for the st. croix kit and the other for a kit I already have) or a really nice rod building kit/blank looking at the Sage SLT or XP. Its a toss up. I already have a few rods 2 TFO and 2 Forecast so the ST. Croix would be a nice change as would not have to swap reels back and forth between my 4 wts I'm doing now. I'd love to get the sage. But I wouldnt be able to build or use it for a while(no line or reel for it yet). The tying materials would be nice I am running low and it would be nice to tie some new patterns and I need the fly line for a 3wt Forecast I just built. So what would you guys choose?

Personally if it were me, I'd go with the line for the 3wt and a bunch of new materials, but I'm not into rod building so that factor wouldn't way on my decison like it may yours.

Poor soul, such tough decisions,

later
    Mike

Just spend it before it's gone!

After you spend it you still wont
    have what you need or want.

------------------
    **MW**

use half for the material and set aside half for the Sage blank. Over time you will save more for the blank and most likely be mighty glad you got the Sage. I own an SLT and it is a joy to cast and fish with - sweet, accurate and smooth.

Wasn't it A. K. Best who said that we pay the least attention to the most important piece of our equipment, the piece tied to the end of the line? I'd get the materials needed to tie the flies I need, then worry about the rest, especially since you already seem to have some good equipment.

+ Reply to Thread