Thread: Fremont National Forest

Threaded View

Default Fremont National Forest

This is not totally a fishing report as the creek fished will not be named. The creek was told to me by an old gent about 20 years ago and he asked me not to tell anybody the name of it as long as he is still around. He's about 80 and still hale & hearty. Anyway this creek is north of the town of Bly, Oregon and the part of the creek I fished is on the Fremont. National Forest (our public land).

I make it a point to try to get into the creek as soon as winter conditions abate enough to drive to it. Tried last Saturday and didn't make because of snow drifts. Made it today and could see I was the first guy to fish it this year as I had to break through a couple of small remaining drifts.

I fished 3 flies, a #12 soft hackle, peacock body, grouse hacke & orange thread., a #10 bee and a #12 Orange soft hackle. The bee was the most productive even though they are not out yet. Fished about 4 hours and caught around 30 fish, nothing large. This creek is quite small and the fish average 8-10 inches.

There are 4 pictures for you. 2 of brookies and 2 of beaver ponds. The larges pond is less than 1/2 acre.

Looks like summer is on the way and I am getting the itch again.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images