I've been approached by a local school board member about becoming an Ag teacher at our local high school. Money's not the best, but the hours are alot better than what I have now. I'll have to get my teaching license, which means going back to school, which I'm not crazy about. I was told by a parent that the present teacher said it was a hard job, because he knew that most of his students were going to wind up in jail. There's nothing I can do about their homelife of course, but if for a couple of hours a week, I can show these kids that there are more things in life than that. I mean farmer's have to wear alot of hats to do a good job. Not only do they farm, they mechanic, carpenter, electrician, veterinarian and alot of other skills that could give these kids a chance at something better. I'm not saying that I can save them all or anything like that, but if I can help just one, isn't that worth it? It is to me. I guess I'm needing a few words of encouragement here. I picked up the application yesterday, so I may be counting my chickens before they hatch, but I feel like i have a good shot at this. If you teachers out there was 38 and going to hhave to go back to school for this, would you?

So, what do you think?
thanks,
hNt