Sorry Steve, I didn't take photos. I was kept busy greeting folks then was packed in like a sardine for the memorial. I do have a link however to some wonderful photos take by Dale Young of the Detroit News.
http://multimedia.detnews.com/pix/ph...ial/index.html

For me it was bitter sweet. I reflected on how lucky I was to have been able to get to know Rusty in the past few short years. I started going up there shortly after I read "Season on the Au Sable", back in the spring of 2007. I hadn't been up there since the early 70's. Rusty's words brought me back with new eyes and I fell in love with the river. Last year I spent over ten weeks up there. I spent a lot of time in the shop, too. I thought about the time he had offered a stay at the Frog Pond when he saw I wasn't well the year before he fell ill. I really regret not taking him up on it. I'm glad for the chin wags over the past few years.
It was hard being on the river this past weekend. It was my first time up since October. Rusty was on my mind constantly while I was wading those waters, watching the fish rise. I felt a big hole in my heart knowing he wasn't in the shop to share the days adventures with...but it is also comforting to know that Josh, Lance, Karen and the rest of the old familiar faces are still there. So it was like going home but Rusty is certainly missed. I'm glad I want up for the memorial.