+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dubbing Brush Twisters anyone?

Hybrid View

Default Dubbing Brush Twisters anyone?

After receiving a number of inquires about the dubbing brush twisters I was making, I relented and completed a couple of them for folks. I now find myself with some of the necessary supplies to make these so I thought I'd make 5 or 6 more of them if anyone is interested. The cost will be $30.00 plus actual shipping. If you're not familiar with the dubbing brush twister I designed, you can check it out on youtube at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozuKuJwWFns

Please PM me if you're interested and it will be first come first serve for the first six people.

Thanks

Jim Smith
    Conyers, GA

Thanks to Mikey (ohiotuber) and Jack Hise, I own one of Jim's dubbing brush twisters and it is a wonderful fly tying tool! Jim makes one of the finest dubbing twister blocks you could ever own and the work is top of the line quality. It is worth a lot more than what he is asking for it and you will be proud to own one and use one. On those days you really do not feel like tying flies, you can make up dubbing brushes which will really save you time when using them for tying flies. Don't pass up this opportunity to own one.

Just a very satisfied owner.....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Ditto what Warren said...I suspect these will go rapidly. It works very well to sit watching the TV....with a cutting board on your lap and the dubbing brush platform on it with tools and turn out brushes to your heart's content.

Jim, I've kept my eye out for the collets with the four slots and haven't found any...do you have a source?

Nice video, and VERY well-conceived and manufactured product!
    I'm IN!

Rick Z had sent me some dubbing brushes he'd done on some wire. They sure are handy to have around! Its as easy as wrapping chenille on a hookshank.
    Adding in a hackle feather is a very interesting idea that hadn't occured to me. I'll have to try that, for sure. I suppose soft-hackle would work too.

Now...who's gonna sell the home-made drying wheels??
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Anyone figured out how to create peacock herl dubbing brushes?

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
    Anyone figured out how to create peacock herl dubbing brushes?
    oooh, yeah. or how about ostrich herl brushes? Those would seem to have the same "issue" as the peacock, wouldn't they?
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Hi ducksterman,
    a few years ago, I read an article about making peacock dubbing brushes by dipping the butt ends of about
    5 strips of herls into a hot glue pot. The glue pots can be purchased in hobby/craft shops.
    gerri

Jim,

If you are still making these I would be interested.

Thanks

Brock
    queencitysanta@gmail.com

Pm sent if one is still left.

+ Reply to Thread