Thread: Asian Carp Update...Michigan Battles On

Threaded View

I am not being try satirical when I say this, mankind has caused the mass extinction of many species of animals, and many are currently on the cusp of extinction, even with good faith effort by many. If the government will not help, the least they can do is allow us to harvest as many Asian Carp as possible. From what I have read, you can run your motorized boat in the water, and the sound of the motor and propeller, is enough for these Asian Carp to start leaping out of the water, and into your boat.

Depending on the species of Asian Carp, some of them can get quite large, and weigh in excess of 30 pounds, so may want to have some personal protection (football helmet with face guard, kevlar body armor, and some solid side railing on the boat, to duck behind. Nobody needs to get hit by a 30 pound Asian Carp flying through the air!

I also read that in the proper enviorment that the Asian Carp can spawn up to three times a year, so there is a never ending supply of Asian Carp for harvesting.

In Europe, people there have traditionally served their European Carp, at the family Christmas Dinner. I served in SE Asia, and the Asian Carp are harvested for the food by the people there.....

Asian Carp could be harvested and then chopped up and added to the compost piles, for use in farming on organic farms, too many chemicals in our food chain already. Go Green!

Carp, it is not just for special occasions, anymore! Asian Carp the other white meat!
    Asian Carp Fish Sticks any one? Asian Carp Fish & Chips?

The possible uses for these Asian Carp are limitless! ~Parnelli
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 05-22-2010 at 03:41 AM.