I could use some advice/opinion...a friend brought me his Sage SP for repair of the reel seat, and he doesn't want to send it back to Sage - he's convinced it'll take too long to fix & get back, and Hendricksons are bustin' around here right now.
In the first photo, you can see that the threaded part has slid backward away from the grip on his rod, exposing some of the unfinished barrel. I could fix that easy enuff, but the reel he uses is a CFO Disc, with what I call "fat feet". On his rod, the forward reel foot barely goes into the hooded retainer (no more than 1/8"). Also, it appears that the finished portion of the reel seat (a Struble, I believe) seems unusually short.
RMWsRod_1.jpg

By comparison, I compared his rod to one of mine - I'd installed the same model reel seat on my Gatti (see top rod in pic below), and the same reel foot goes into the retainer at least 3/8". Also, you can see that the finished portion of the wood reel seat is longer on my rod (the darker insert). On his rod the majority of the rear reel foot will rest on the threads if I just reposition the threaded piece.
RMWsRod_2.jpg
So, what would you do? I have no suitable seats in my stash, and there's nowhere locally to buy a reel seat. Can the recessed retainer be "opened up" at all? Thanks for your help!