+ Reply to Thread

Thread: United States Marines Rod

Default United States Marines Rod

This rod is for a Sgt in the US Marine Corps so the Marine theme is carried over to this one. Blank is a 9' 7wt 2pc Rainshadow Matte colored blank. Grip is Natural cork with Copano center, black foam trim and rubberized ends with matching fighting butt. The fighting butt was recessed about 1/4" in the center and a US Marines Corps Button was inlayed into it. The reel seat is a Amtak AW12 with the owners Rank and name in the window of the seat. Inscriptions include O.I.F (Operation Iraqi Freedom) since he is a Veteran of OIF, as well as no good Marine rod being a true Marine theme without having the Semper Fi moto on it. Wraps are Black main wraps, followed by 5 turns of Red, and a single turn of Metallic silver.

It was a pleasure building this rod for the new owner as I always enjoy doing these for guys whom have dedicated their lives to protecting this great country.

Steve

How totally kewl is that!!!!????!!!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Well all I can say is what a nice rod that is! I'd love to fish with Sgt Rivera sometime also cause if one of them brookies ever got out of line I could send the marines in after em!
    Dan

Oh, man, you just gave me a great idea. Both of my brothers are former Marines. My brother, Richard, served in OIF, he was one of the first guys over the line when they invaded!
    I've been thinking of building them each a rod. I bought each one of them a rod when they got out, but something like this would be even better. I'm going to steal/borrow a few of your ideas when I get around to doing it.

Absolutely beautiful rod!

TT.

No prob TT use whatever ideas you can take from it. If you want one of those Marines butt caps for the rod just let me know and I'll send you one because they are actually Earrings I got off ebay and I just took the chain off them and filled the hole. So I have one of the earrings left still lol

Steve

very cool stick. That is one beautiful rod. Any one would be proud to have and fish that rod.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

I might just have to do that. I've got some keepsakes from them that I'm going to look at first. If nothing will work then I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer,

TT

I finally have internet back. Steve this rod is fantastic. Showed it to a couple of ex- marines (is there such a thing) and they both just said"WOW" and they felt the need to salute. excellent job my friend

Wow....nice rod. That gives me some awesome ideas for an SF flyrod.

+ Reply to Thread