Well hit my local creek for opener once again as it has always produced for me in the past. I knew fishing conditions would be a bit tough with low water levels and clarity of water so I headed down early to my favourite hole and I rigged up at home with indicator but decided to switch it up after a few drifts in the dark to a sink tip and streamer.

So I put on the 5.6ips 7ft sink tip, line with 6lb ultra green with a green conehead zuddler and made a few casts than wham!!! With a furious hit almost taking my fly rod out of my hand I knew I had a steelie on. Taking line a few times and trying to get me into the rapids I finally landed a nice hen.
After that I decided to head closer to the dam and yeah lots of people but then my other favourite drift was available and on the first cast with this fly wham a nice buck leaped out of the air and the battle lasted well not very long as my leader snapped. I think I missed a fray or nick in the line but still was an awesome day on my home waters.

Here are the pics from opener:

The Gear

The go to fly:

Sunrise:

The catch:

cheers,
MW