Thank you tailingloop and Jerry. I was only intending to use them for test casting on a two hander. But wanted to know if the characteristics of the 1-2-3wt running lines would affect the casting. I just want to experiement with skagit heads to see what grain wts work on the (two) two hander rods I have, and the 3-4 more I am going to build out of blanks sitting around doing nothing.

Just wanna get close enough to practice casting the rods with a skagit head. I don't think the running line has that much to do with performance of the rod and skagit head. At least I hope it doesn't as I have a lot of tinkering to do. Cannot afford a new running line for all the reels and rods I want to experiment with.

I have a 10' 4wt blank of which I could add a 1' extension on if I want to.
I have a 10'-6" 5wt blank of which I could build straight or add an extension to.
I have a 13' blank with no designation on it....that I could build into a two hander.
I am currently building a 10' 3wt full flex blank into a two hander with a 1' extension. Just cause the blank was around and I had no use for it.
Going to try it out on inland trout. A wee trout spey rod if you will.

So.....lots of tinkering to do.

Thanks for the help and loop....for the tip on eliminating the taper.

Thanks guys.

Jim