Yes, I have read many of the articles on Felt vs Vibram soles. I know the Felt ban is coming one day. Diddy snot is not a problem in my area and I don't travel to fish where felt would be illegal. Given that and a need for a new pair of boots I can buy the same boot from Simms in felt for $100 less than the exact same boot with the new sole. I am considering buying felt for my local fishing. If I ever can afford a trip to Montana to go fishing I will be able to buy a new pair of boots for that trip too.

I thought that I could wear the felt now, when the soles get worn down just replace the sole with the new Simms Streamtread design or whatever is the latest hottest at the time. Anyone have a price on just the sole for me to consider or a place that sells just the soles?

If you really wanted the new Vibram sole with closeout prices on felt, it looks like you could buy the felt and the new soles and have them resoled for less than buying the boot with the Vibram already installed.

Tell me if this cheap old guy is just crazy for thinking this way or if I am somewhere in the realms of sanity.

Rick