+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simms Streamtread soles

Default Simms Streamtread soles

Yes, I have read many of the articles on Felt vs Vibram soles. I know the Felt ban is coming one day. Diddy snot is not a problem in my area and I don't travel to fish where felt would be illegal. Given that and a need for a new pair of boots I can buy the same boot from Simms in felt for $100 less than the exact same boot with the new sole. I am considering buying felt for my local fishing. If I ever can afford a trip to Montana to go fishing I will be able to buy a new pair of boots for that trip too.

I thought that I could wear the felt now, when the soles get worn down just replace the sole with the new Simms Streamtread design or whatever is the latest hottest at the time. Anyone have a price on just the sole for me to consider or a place that sells just the soles?

If you really wanted the new Vibram sole with closeout prices on felt, it looks like you could buy the felt and the new soles and have them resoled for less than buying the boot with the Vibram already installed.

Tell me if this cheap old guy is just crazy for thinking this way or if I am somewhere in the realms of sanity.

Rick

If you go to Simms website they list a bunch of cobblers that sell replacement soles for about $44.00,
    Randy

Thanks for a shove in the right direction Randy. I went under their footwear section, warranty and finally their accessories and could not find anything. Do you have a link?

Default Can't get a link ....

.... for you, Rick. I guess Simms is guarding against some invasives ??

Anyway, if you go on their site and go to one of the boots with the streamtread sole, you will find a line reading "Technologies - Streamtread". Click on the "Streamtread" and scroll down to the lower half of the page for information on resolers.

The cost is quoted as $44 for the soles only, then you have labor charges, and, in most cases, there will be some S&H both ways.

John
    The fish are always right.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Rick

Ordered a pair of Simms Rivershed, felt boots for $79 instead of $179. I actually like the felt and the price was right.

Rick

OMHO, ... if cross contaminating rivers isn't a problem (like me, ... I only fish one river), the felt is WAY better. I use the Vibrams 'cause I walk a lot on trails, .. but they don't grip like felt, ... not even with the studs. If you are worried about rock snot, ... you an just freeze 'em solid overnight.
    Christopher Chin

Korkers are great, not to knock simms, but you could lable some studded felt for certain rivers and for others. and the replacement sole isn't as much and you do the labor. However it is not only the sole of the boot but can also be found in the laces and seams of the toung as well. But it's a start to get those invasive nasties from crossing over. Don't forget to wash your boat as well.

+ Reply to Thread