+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Boat Items

Default Wanted: Boat Items

If you happen to have any 1' Oar Extensions that will fit my cataraft oars please let me know. Two would be nice, three would be ideal.

If you have any of the mesh type stripping baskets that ultimately did not work well for you and you returned to a rigid stripping basket let me know. I might be interested in taking the non rigid stripping basket(s) off your hands. I need to add a stripping basket system to the front and rear lean bars of my cataraft to aid the anglers in clean line management. We've found a lot of places that can snag up a fly line and my friend believes a stripping basket will fix 80% or more of the problems.

Let me know what you might have. Thank you.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Mumbles,
    While I do not have the items you're looking for for sale, I have been in the same situation as you with fly line management from a boat. I tried a couple different ways and finally bought Outcast stripping basket to attach to the lean bar for the front of my cataraft. I tried 2 different makes and liked the Outcast basket best. It's mesh to allow water to drain and has a slope to the front to allow line to shoot out of it smoothly. It attaches with velcro which makes it easy to take on-off. I can't imagine not using it now that I've had it awhile.
    http://www.outcastboats.com/outcast/...x?cat=15&id=54

Good luck!
    Mark 1:17

Thank you Darrin. I've recently toured a young man's raft and he used those same ones. He liked them for being simple and effective. That is a front runner right now. I like the fact that you can easily remove them for transit and then stick them on for the float. Thank you again. Ed
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    -Henry David Thoreau

You're welcome, Ed.
    I also like the fact that the Outcast basket is easily on-off for transport. Simply put the basket on when ready to launch the boat and you're ready. beats the heck out of the fly line just going wherever...like around foot braces, pontoons, seats, etc. Been there, done that, and it can get frustrating.
    Mark 1:17

+ Reply to Thread