.... what do you mean by that term, what kind of streamers do you fish, and how do you present them ??

The reason I ask is that often it seems like we are talking apples and oranges and turnips and tomatos and whatevers when the general topic turns to or includes comments on fishing streamers.

For example, I wade fish only moving water for trout in the Intermountain West. My streamer fishing is limited to sculpin / baitfish style streamers such as the PSC, Sanchez's Double Bunny, Fulsher's Thunder Creek minnows, and Night Angler's PMS and Hibernator. I typically fish these streamers off a Class II full sinking line and present them down and across and swing them across the current adding steady, short, stripping motion.

Night Angler's Hibernator is very similar to my PSC. He fishes it at night in stillwater as a leech, as I best recall from one of our discussions. Virtually the same fly, but a radically different presentation in a totally different situation.

So there's an apple and an orange to get it started. How about telling us what you mean by the term "streamers" and where and how you use them.

John